Some see weeds, some see wishes
Friday, January 22, 2016
The 5th annual
BURLAP AND LACE MARKETPLACE
Saturday, June 25th 9:00am – 3:00pm
106 S. Reynolds ~ Holyoke, Colorado
Check out our blog for updates and vendor information: junquegypsies.blogspot.com
"Like" us on Facebook
We are pleased to announce we already have 11 vendors excited to join us!!!!!
Monday, January 11, 2016
The BEST Chewy Caramel Popcorn
- 1 c. brown sugar
- ¾ c. granulated sugar
- ½ c. butter
- 1-14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ c. corn syrup
- 16 c. popped popcorn
- Combine all ingredients (except popcorn) in large, heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, making sure to STIR constantly. If not, it will burn, so keep stirring! Keep stirring as it boils until it reaches the soft ball stage, 234 degrees on your candy thermometer. Remove from heat, and immediately pour over the popcorn. Stir until coated. Let cool, then enjoy!!! (source: Simply Kierste)
Thursday, December 31, 2015
Tuesday, December 22, 2015
Baked Denver Omelet
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper (chop veggies small)
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup (heaping) chopped cooked ham (I used a fully cooked bone-in ham steak)
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Sliced avocados, for serving (optional)
- Chopped chives and hot sauce, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 7 by 11-inch or 9 by 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Sprinkle ham into an even layer in bottom of baking dish.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add red and green bell peppers and onion and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Evenly pour pepper mixture over ham layer then sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together eggs and milk until well blended. Season with salt and pepper and stir, then pour over mixture in baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until puffy and set, about 22 - 25 minutes. Cut and serve warm with avocado slices and optional chives and hot sauce.
- Recipe source: inspired by Taste of Home