Creamy mayonnaise and Greek yogurt dressing tossed with Ditalini shaped pasta, crispy chopped bacon, shredded green lettuce, diced tomatoes, cheddar cheese and red pepper flakes. Serve for summer barbecues, holidays, potlucks and as a side dish.
Author: Jessica Knott
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 16 ounces Ditalini shaped pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 12 slices bacon, chopped
- 1½ cups diced tomatoes
- 2 - 3 cups chopped green lettuce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 - ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- In a medium pot over medium high heat, cook 16 ounces of pasta according to directions. Meanwhile, cook bacon in skillet over stove top then chop once cooled. Drain pasta and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil; set aside. Chop lettuce and tomatoes. In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, Greek yogurt and pasta noodles then toss everything together until coated. Stir in lettuce, chopped bacon, tomatoes, red pepper flakes and cheddar cheese. Refrigerate until ready to serve.